|Kerry looked angry.|
For most students, creating an altered page is a new experience. You take a page from a book you may no longer want or need and transform it into an artwork. Searching for the right words to make a new sentence creates this wonderful tension in the mind from what you know and what could be. It's a bit hard to explain but once you do it you'll understand.
- tape 2 pieces of text together
- searched for your perfect words to make a sentence (this part takes about 20-30 minutes)
- circle them (leave plenty of room around so the words are easy to read)
- we used oil pastels or watercolors to paint in the surrounding areas. Students could also chose to use a stencil, draw an image or just block out the area as they pleased.
- (these are from 5th grade students)