Friday, November 16, 2012

Printing Holiday Trees

 
Posted by Picasa

The holiday excitement begins...
The curved lines of the trees were printed from toilet paper rolls cut in half and the lights were finger painted. I demonstrated how to use the printing tool to shape the tree. I used the simplest technique of press and lift as  I wanted to leave room for the children to make their own discoveries as they shaped their tree. You see, it's quite challenging to create a triangular shape from a curved line tool.  I was very happy to see such unique outcomes.

We've done the before with a straight line tool, click here to see that process.



Kindergarten artwork

Kindergarten artwork



Printing Holiday Trees from Gabriela Elizalde on Vimeo.

9 comments:

  1. This is a terrific Christmas idea. The tree above right in the last set, has created a light leafy feel. My five year olds are in for a treat. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! How cute!
    ARTventurous.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and creative idea! I will be using it in my language class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a Dutch teacher and i love your blog! I am certainly gonna use some of your ideas for my six year old children, but also for my
    Older students. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to try this idea with my class this week.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun and simple idea! Just shared on our Winter Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool!
    I would love to include this activity in my 2013 Christmas Activity Advent Countdown. I would share your pic and a link to your site for the directions. Please let me know if you don't want me to share this activity. Thanks! Nicole activity-mom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are gorgeous! Definitely trying this with my kids!

    ReplyDelete