Creativity First! ...here's to connecting children to art and art to their lives.
Friday, October 28, 2011
A new version of sugar skulls!
- I had the basic shape of a skull for them to see. They drew their own.
- Fill in with various lines to create areas for color
- Fill in with fluorescent oil pastels
- Crumble paper and open (repeat 3 times)
- Paint over entire skull with black tempera (the paint will go into the lines to create a batik effect)
- Rinse off in the sink with water and a sponge or big brush
- Let them dry.
They did all the drawing with a pencil first and then traced over the pencil with a Sharpie (they could choose any color(s).
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)