Thursday, May 12, 2011

Fanciful Peacocks

This was a great project for all of the kids.  Patterned art is not particularly my thing but every once in a while I do like to incorporate a fun "how to draw" lesson.   At the beginning of the lesson I stress freedom of choice for everyone.  I tell students that I am just giving them the basics and they have the opportunity to make any changes they see fit. This helps a lot because it makes the students feel good about their work being different from their peers or mine.   I think that's why the results vary so much.  I break down the drawing into line types or shapes;  for example, the beak was a triangle. You could also incorporate learning about radial design with the feathers.
I want to thank the Art Projects for Kids blog for the inspiration for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment