Friday, October 26, 2012

Assemblage With Old Watercolor Sets

This was a wonderfully challenging project; you could actually see the thinking going on.


The Ever-Changing
by Reese

My assemblage is about a person's journey through life.  Sometimes we are struggling, sometimes we feel like we have the world in our hands, at other times maybe we are just at peace.  The silver piece represents how there is always hope and dreams in us. 
Esmae 


My assemblage is about being lost in the moment of doing something you love. 
Gabriel 
Posted by Picasa



We've used old watercolor sets for the base of our assemblages. The materials were simple in nature but could be transformed depending on the artistry each student brought to the challenge. Hot glue or modpodge  was used to adhere the materials to the shallow boxes.  

6 comments:

  1. Some really thoughtful responses! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the potential kids have never ceases to amaze me.
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work by your students.
    The ever changing is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've always wanted to make something with the old watercolor sets and I thought this might work. I thought the most challenging part would be the shallowness of the boxes but they never even mentioned it-(!)

      Delete
  3. Excellent! I love the way you challenge your students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such authentic children's art! Exciting pieces!

    ReplyDelete